Six research briefs capturing some of the key findings of the ESRC-funded Becoming Adult project were published today. The research briefs cover a range of topical areas, including forced removal and protracted displacement, disengagement from social services and support networks, transition into precarious legal status.
The Becoming Adult team has launched today six new research briefs. The briefs are available in pdf in the Resources page and address some key issues affecting unaccompanied youth.
- Protecting the ‘best interests’ of the child in transition to adulthood (no. 3)
- Transitions into institutional adulthood (no.4)
- Health and wellbeing (no. 5)
- Understanding causes and consequences of going ‘missing’ (no. 6)
- Forced returns and protracted displacement (no. 7)
- Unaccompanied minors and secondary migration between Italy and the UK (no. 8)